Journalism students! The tenth anniversary of 9/11 is coming up on Sunday. Newspapers and magazines across the country are dedicating special sections of their journals to commemorate that day.
Some of you may remember where you were and what you were doing on that day. Answer the questions below and we'll gather your reflections on 9/11 for our school newspaper.
1. What do you remember about 9/11, 10 years ago?
2. Even though you were little back then, how did 9/11 affect you?
3. What are you planning to do on the 10th anniversary?
4. Is remembering enough?
5. How has 9/11 changed your perception of safety?
6. Should 9/11 be a national holiday?
1. When 9/11 happened I was sitting on my living room floor crowded around the television with the rest of my family. We watched the television as the planes went crashing into the buildings.
ReplyDelete2. Even though I was little i still was sad to see so many people crying over their lost relatives.
3. I don't really celebrate 9/11 as a holiday I do pay my respects to people I know who lost family that day.
4. I don't think anything is enough when a life has been lost because you can't bring that person back. But you are always suppose to keep your loved ones with you.
5. When 9/11 happened i didn't want to take the plane anywhere for fear that it might happen to me.
6. I believe 9/11 should be a holiday in New York only because that is where the tragedy took place. I am also upset some one has called in a threat to bomb new York again because they have been through enough they have lost enough citizens
I was in the second grade at leif ericson. I was very scared at the time of the 9/11. I posted on my facebook "R.I.P to all those who were lost 10 years ago today. I feel like remembering isn't enough. It has change my perception of safety because I am extremely terrified of flying. No it shouldn't. It should just be recognized.
ReplyDelete1. i remember 9/11 as a startling day for me because i never thought about terrorist and that day changed everything i thought about the way i travel. if anything it has made me more aware.
ReplyDelete2.although i was little 9/11 affected me in a way that i started thinking more about my safety.
3. i haven't really planned anything for the 10 anniversary i will just pray for the people who lost people.
4.i do believe that remembering is enough just a simple remembering
5. 9/11 has changed my perception of safety because it has made me more aware of the status of the world
6.9/11 should be a national holiday because it happen to the nation.
by Dontae Dixon
I dont remember much about 9/11 except buildings being strike and planes crashing. 9/11 had not affect me much, because I had not understood much except missing school. On this day i plan to watch the news and gather some information. I think remembering is enough because in memorial of those who were lost we could not do much about it. In the realization that it affected schools, i became nervous and it taught me to be more aware of my life. I think 9/11 can become a holiday in memorial of those lost.
ReplyDelete1.To be honest I don't even remember the 9/11 but i know that it was really sad for that to happen to people and for them to see it.
ReplyDelete2.Of the hurt and pain I saw in people eyes when I look at them.
3.celerbrating and thanking god I made it here this far.
4.Yes because no one wants it to happen again so they can get the point of it.
5.By being careful of everything I do and think before my actions.
6.no because It was nonething happy about why It happen and who It happen to.
i do believe that this was a tragic day for men and women, and that i do believe that, that was the time we all should have'd pulled together.
ReplyDelete