Friday, August 26, 2011

Verbatim 8/26/11


Quote:
"Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg ordered a mandatory evacuation — something he said the city had never done before — of coastal areas in Brooklyn, Queens, including all of the Rockaways, and Staten Island, along with Battery Park City and the financial district in Lower Manhattan and Governor’s Island."

Title of article:
City Orders Evacuation of Coastal Areas

Source:
New York Times, nytimes.com, 8/26/11

Significance (what this quote means in my own words):
The mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg, decided to evacuate certain areas of NYC along the coast because of the oncoming hurrican Irene. This call for an evacuation reminds me of the movie The Day After Tomorrow where climate change causes a series of massive hurricanes to flood all of New York City. It appears that climate change real and creating some dangerous storms. We've also had some strong storms around here in Chicago and there's been a serious drought happening in Texas. I guess we'll see how much this hurrican does over the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Quote: "I feel like a woman. I feel like I'm very aware of who I am. I feel great and I feel like 30 is the ideal age [to start a family], because you're mature enough to know who you are and to have your boundaries and your standards, and not be afraid, too polite -- but you're young enough to be a young woman," she said. "I'm so looking forward to it."

    Title: Beyonce Reveals Pregnancy On VMA

    Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669849/beyonce-pregnant-vmas.jhtml

    Significance: It's a FINAL!!!! I feel like she made a good decision to have a child at the age 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jay and I have kind of made a decision that we want to be known for our music and not our relationships or scandals. But he is amazing," she said. "I definitely had a very natural friendship and connection with him. We've been together for a very long time and I'm very happy. Love is the foundation of everything, everything I do. My music is inspired by love -- from my family, my husband, my sister."


    Title: Beyonce reveals pregnancy at VMA's

    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669849/beyonce-pregnant-vmas.jhtml

    Significance: The world can finally stop spreading rumors about her being pregnant. She has confirmed that she is pregnant with her first child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. title: Mike Tyson
    Set to Beat Up Charlie Sheen
    On Comedy Central Roast.......quote: Cocaine ... hangovers ... and mug shots -- Mike Tyson and Charlie Sheen are a match made in Comedy Central Roast heaven ... and TMZ has learned Iron Mike is officially on board to skewer the Warlock next month.source:tmz.com significance: is that charlie sheen has been making headlines in the media lately

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quote
    "I thought it was so brilliant that somebody as private as Beyoncé and Jay-Z would make their own rules to address the fact that she's clearly pregnant,"

    Tittle:Beyonce at VMA's and more public baby annoucements
    Source:http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1669931/beyonce-pregnant-baby-jay-z.jhtml

    Significance:I think it was creative how she told everybody she was pregnant.I loved her performance as well.I think her song choice was good to revealing her secret .I love beyonce and jay-z as a couple i know they would be excellent parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quote: "You don't know who I am, you f**king n**ger. Tomorrow, you won't have a job"

    Title:LeBron James' Mom to Valet: 'You F**king N**ger'

    Source:TMZ sports.com

    Signifiance: It mean to me it isn't cool to call people niggas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quote: “I love every minute of it. She inspires me to go harder. Even made me treat my mother better, it’s like it made me into a man over night. Never been a fan of posting pictures of my daughter. Reason is because I want my boo boo to have everything I didn’t"

    Tittle-Bow Wow wrote a letter to his fans about his daughter.
    Resource-http://bowwowtoday.com/BowWowToday/Official_BowWow_Today.html

    I think he just wanted his fans to know how he felt about being a daddy! :) im soooo happy for him love yu bow weezyyyy <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quote:
    "I didn't come here to make the team, I didn't come here with the intentions of being a backup," Mathis said. "I came here to win the starting job and that's where I am right now."

    tittle:Mathis:I came here to start

    www.philadephiaeagles.com

    This means that the position of riding the bench is not what he had in mind. thats what everyone else did. he says that he will fulfill his position and take some for the team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quote:"Spice Girls Mel B has given birth to a baby girl) Signifagance: She is 36 years old and she loves her baby so much. Title: Spice Girl Mel B gives birth to baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quote:"Tonight, we will finally answer a whole host of age-old, burning questions: Can DWTS audiences accept a man who used to be a woman on the dance floor?"

    Title:'Dancing with the Stars' Preview: What to Expect from the Season 13 Premiere

    Source:http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/

    Significance:I find this interested because the DWTS audiences are questioning themselves about should they let a man dance on the floor that used to be a women.

    ReplyDelete